Saturday, August 30, 2008

Happy Anniversary, Nurses of June 2007

It was last Sunday of August,when the results of our Licensure Examinationfor Nurses released. I was in my sister's house in Pasig when she got a text message from her former boss and Ex-commissioner of the PRC that i do passed the exam. We received the text in the afternoon, but the official results came out that evening. I slept earlier that day, when i woke up at around 10:00 in the evening my cell phone's inbox was full with messages, i even got a message from the people who i thought will never give me one. Unfortunately, i was ran out of credit that time so the following day, that's the time i thanked all those people. And i found out that three of my friends did pass the exam namely Mitch, Ehros, and Jordan. Unluckily, one of my good friend didn't make it but we're praying for her success.


After that, the Oath taking Ceremony was held at the Araneta Coliseum last October and i still kept my ticket on my treasure box. The registration for our license number took placed at November,after a month i received my license. Mitch and i started applying last week of November, we passed resumes' at the "Our lady of Mercy" in pulilan, and "BMMG" in Sta. Maria, where she was called for an interview and later on hired as a staff nurse,unfortunately, that hospital didn't call me but i was happy for my friend.


Last, December The Medical City called for an initial exam dated on January 7, 2008. There we're seventy plus who took the exam but only twelve passed the exam, unfortunately i did flop the exam, the exam was so difficult, i consider it as one of the most challenging exams i hurdled;At the same month, Ehros and i applied in numerous hospitals here in manila, to name a few,we went to Capitol Medical Center, Manila Doctor's, Lourdes hospital, and Cardinal Santos in Mandaluyong in just one day, so we had a trip in the whole metropolis.


After a month we received no response from all the hospitals we applied;It was so depressing, so many months of unemployment, with all the pressures out there the internal and the xternal asking, "why we're you still idle, stagnant and jobless. I talked to Ehros and some friends who suffered the same fate, and we all agree it was one of the lowest part of our lives or careers. But, God is good, He really does things in mysterious ways. When the time i was almost giving up, i received a text message from "Our Lady of Mercy" last February and i was scheduled for an interview and exam. At the end of that day,all sixteen of us who was called for the exam was hired as "trainee" or volunteers and started the day after. I gained new friends there that i will never forget, there's Sheryl, Gaynen, Candy. I even had great mentors like Ma'am Rei, Ynang and many more. It was my first service to my patients that's why i put my best foot forward.


After almost two months of training at Mercy and two areas of rotations, a better opportunity came.The St. Luke's Medical Center informed me that i passed their clinical exam, and i was on my way for the physical exam to joined the next batch of trainees. It was hard that time because i have to choose between the hospital who i learned to love or the the best hospital in town?! To cut the story short, i preferred SLMC and joined the NSET Batch 03-08, which opens a lot of doors for learning and opportunities. Furthermore, i gained lot of friends and still counting; On my third day of training Ma'am Rei informed me thru Fs that the chief nurse of Mercy was looking for me, she said that two days after i AWOL, they we're going to hire me;After all the screenings and learnings i had in SLMC, i have no remorse i chose this institution.

As i contemplating writing this entry, i remember that it was my father's dream for his "bunso" to be a nurse, when he was hospitalized at the Philippine Heart Center, and saw a nurse same as my built, with resemblance on my physical attributes he told my sister he would be happy seeing me as a Nurse. Though he died last 2002, January before my high school graduation, i know he's proud how far my career went, with all the achievements i had even if its small, still its an achievement; When i was in third year high school, i dreamt to became a nurse, and I'm proud to say "I'm living my dream, and I'm walking the path i aspired before".


That's why don't stop dreaming. Nothing is impossible. I may be a nurse but i'm just a few step towards my vision. I'm working now for my nclex exam, and glad to be newly hired associate of SLMC. Remember, always make your life Shine, to be the light and the guide of others...thanks, Go! Nurses.




1 comment:

nurse jane said...

hi ainan!...
you must be a globally competitive nurse..
knowing you're working on St. Lukes! hehe!..=D
well goodluck on your NCLEX!..
One Big Fight!
God bless you more!...^o~