Sunday, April 25, 2010

''From a Distant Memory''

A few days ago i was browsing on Youtube and search for the song "What Good Is That Without You" little did i know it was sung by Anna Fegie and was the soundtrack of the movie ''Gimik, The Reunion" what a big coincidence that we we're talking about the remake of that now defunct hit TV series of the ninety's when i was still on duty yesterday.

Just this afternoon I watched the remake pilot episode of "Gimik 2010, The Reunion" and it was a blast from the past, i remember my childhood the good and the bad memories,a nostalgia! Truly, this series was a part of my being i enjoyed watching and patronizing every character. I still recall Dianne played by Judy Ann Santos, Ricky played by late Rico Yan, Gary, Gina, Melanie, SC, Joey and Brian. It helps me but to wonder what happened to my friends before? I still have communications with few of them but what about the others? I hope someday we conduct this so called Reunion. And i relate my

In High-school I have a group called "Amiga" comprised by three ladies and I, and some other guys. But the four of us Amiga's really had the good times. I have Amiga Girlie the pretty one, the girl whose popular to boys. There's Amiga Joan the girl with the bangs, i remember i used to borrow her cp just to text Makmak before. And lastly Amiga Carmela the one whose so petite she looks like Andrea in Monica Brava a Latin Novella star. I really miss these folks, the two of them have family now and happy being a mother while Carmela still in Dubai, sometime she called to say Hi!But we never heard from her for two years now. Last February i had dinner with Girlie and Joan and patch for the lost times we had. Its been a long eight years and the time spent with them still vivid on my mind.

In college i built another group of friends, the group was formed because we're classmates and alongside duty-mates. We've gotten a long way already, i missed our ''inuman sessions" our out of town duties. We are so many in the group, there's Michelle i consider her as my favorite friend, we are the link of the'barkada' we still have communications with our distant friend. My friend Grays whose in Lebanon now whose been our resident singer, she's the one possesses the most beautiful voice, a true diva. The two of them has been my closest i really shared everything with them, my life, my love life every detail they know. There's Eros the girl whose been our classmate for one semester but remain our friend. She never missed our get together in the Apartment our niche. She's the girl with a big boobs, and had a controversial love story. Sheryn my elite friend, she's the most ''maarte" and hard to crack but we tend to get used to her mean character. We have plenty of guy friends and the one that marked me the most is the guy named Ryan, he changed my perspective on love, and his my second love next to Mark. His totally opposite of my ideal guy but he swoon me over by his kindest and sweetness. Another guy is Rolly the nerdy one. He's the laughing stock of the boys but I'm more close to him. His the most pure and sincere to all of them. Michael the ultimate Chick-magnet he had a numerous girls during our college days. OB another Michael but we used to call him with that name, a guy whose skin is so smooth like a baby, i swear because we saw his butt and OMG so fair and smooth. He has resemblance to Jay-R the RNB prince. I have gay companions also named Jordan and Rogel, the former we had a rough times especially when he and my cousin went to a relationship but we learn to appease each other after a few years when we graduated. Rogel we had a lot of jokes and teasing, and i had fair share of ''okray'' with him.

Soon I know I'll be flying out of the country to work but I hope one of these years we had our reunion, the time spent, the tears laughter we shared are way to treasure, its part of what i've become. Hopefully when we get along I had my answer prayer with me, Him that I've longed for.

Ainan :)

No comments: