Wednesday, August 25, 2010

What Our Country Needs Right Now


I am profusely saddened of what transpired last Monday. The hostility and violence that floats in the atmosphere was quite underrated. The hostage drama was quite phenomenal that captured the attention not just the whole country but the rest of the world. I'm deeply torn while watching it on live television, it was heart-pounding while imagining how those lives was taken by the perpetrator. There we're many lives taken and I can't imagine that those Hongkong Nationals we're here to paid visit and had fun but end up in a gruesome crime.

My prayers and my heart goes to the victims and families. I'm praying for the eternal repose of their souls and peace. What had happened was truly disturbing nobody deserves to be in that situation not those Chinese-Nationals nor Filipinos. I couldn't condone the act of the perpetrator. At first he was cooperative but when the agitation and anguish sets in the hostility of his crime out pours alongside with the rain.

I'm quite exasperated by the outcome of the incident. I know our authorities had lapses with the actions they had made. With the decisions they made. Its quite depressing that it really shows how incompetent our forces are. We had lack of equipments and inexperience with such crime. Its not an excuse that we belonged to a Third World Country but how can you expect a poor country to produce a well-choreographed crime response?! Its no excuse that many lives suffered but we Filipinos doesn't need all this racism and outrage. Our authorities did their best in the extent of their power to save those lives. But things happened beyond our control. I understand where their coming the outpouring of anger but the act of one doesn't reflect the whole, doesn't reflects the whole country.

I am reading the threading of messages in Facebook and I'm quite disturb of some fellow remarks regarding the incident. The finger-pointing was not necessary at this point. Why blame the cops for the incompetence of the system, which the rotten system of delayed justice was the main culprit why this incident happened. We are not washing are hands from the incident but all those people did their best to assault the perpetrator.

I hope Hongkong people would not take it against the Filipinos working in their country. They should take into account the professionalism and the hospitality we're giving. And Filipinos should work hand and hand to rebuilt our country's reputation. We should defend our nation not to mock our own. I am not in favor of the outcome but we deserve to be treated as fair as possible. STOP RACISM!

No comments: