Wednesday, November 11, 2009

"A Glimpse from the Past"




Last October 17, 2009 i was granted my first VL (vacation leave) for 11 days, these leaves are given for associate whose one year in service, lucky me, i chose to have it then. There's nothing unusual done i just had a total 8 hours sleep, a nap time, and a full meal. The only thing i decided to do was "DVD Marathon" i chose Sailormoon series to be the subject.

I remember i first watch this anime' way back 1991 and continued patronizing it until the last episode shown at ABC 5, if memory serves me that was 2003 or 2004. It was I and my twin cousins Mitchell and Michael enjoyed it, I was playing Sailorpluto then.

When i first watched the episode 1 during my DVD marathon, i haven't remember the story then until i went to episodes 4 and kept on watching. I couldn't help but continuously watch it, i felt the nostalgia sets in the memories of my childhood, the fond memories i have shared with my cousins, the days i waited for Saturday because its sailor moon day.
What really strikes me and made me realized now is that the story wasn't just about the sailor warriors fighting for love and justice, it also tackles an undying love just like Romeo & Juliet.
Princess Serenity & Prince Endymion love defies all odds. I was captured and teary-eyed when i found out their link on the story, it was quite witty and clever. I was so touched and felt the undying love.

I know you might laugh or found my entry irrelevant but if you've watched the series i know somehow you might find the same feeling i felt from SAILORMOON.


Ainan

No comments: