Tuesday, December 2, 2008

"Another Lesson Learned"

After so many Jurassic years i am sharing some thoughts that i am contemplating right now. I was finished reading "The Purpose Driven Life" and on the process reading "Chicken Soup For the Unsinkable Soul" i was into reading again not just for pastime but i really do learned a lot.





I was temporarily relocated to Ophthalmology Unit for about two weeks now, and still adjusting on the new set-up. Thank, God he made me a very flexible person and pliable that i can get along to every people you placed on my path. The last Night duty i had on Annex 3-2nd East was really unforgettable, i had a girl patient aged 26 whom when i was received during endorsement had 80/50 mmHg Blood pressure, i was doing titration on her Dobutamine ( a drug that increases blood pressure and heart rate) to made her stable but at 2 o'clock in the morning she had cardiac arrest so i call for "Code Red" a typical Greys Anatomy scene where the medical team trying to revived the patient. There we're some Doctor's Ambu-bagging, some were doing cardiac compression and some were suctioning, for me being the nurse had very crucial role i was the one handing off equipments, gave them emergency drugs like epinephrine, sodium bicarbonate so on and so forth. If you think I was a Pro during that time, you're wrong because it was my first time and it was kinda confusing, after that arrest the patient became stable but after 30 minutes or so she had an arrest and expired after our tremendous efforts to kept her alive. I learned so much after that, and i was thankful to my co-staff for helping me and guiding me through that chaotic moment, they even shared some of my pending task for the continuity of care. If you're planning to become a nurse those situation will test your critical thinking, speed rate, knowledge. That was quite an experience.





Last November 29, My sister and i had a day out, she accompanied me to Divisoria to bought some gifts for this holiday to all my "inaanak" and nephews and nieces. After the long tiring walk and shopping from different malls and stalls, we went to Trinoma because I had promised her that I will treat her out on a movie because it was her birthday last 25th. When we got there, i was quite fascinated on the long lines of people who were planning to watched Twilight and three cinemas already jam packed. We ended up watching "One True Love" featuring Dingdong Dantes and Marianne Rivera, at first don't account me as "baduy" or "jologs" but patronizing your own isn't a crime right?. I may say the movie was half good half OK, not that great but it has substance and sense.





I learned new thing about love, Marianne was right when she said the line "In love, you don't have to do anything to impress the person or to get his attention, you don't have to kneel or beg for some one's love; you don't have to changed yourself" Be yourself, that's all you can do, he must love you for your nothingness not for he wanted you to be. Love is respect, so he must learned to respect you and not to demand to change you or for you to do everything he wanted.


If the person you love didn't like you for who you are, just go he's not the one our Lord made for you, the person must love you for who the real you in pure black and white





Ainan :)

No comments: